Sunday 14 June 2015

Dad n me

Apart from MAN stuff for Father's Day (like cars and beer) I sometimes get asked for sweet stuff.  What better than this beautiful image from Make It Crafty - Daddy and Lucy.

The image is so beautiful I wanted to do a CAS card - someone take my temperature I must be feeling ill again ;)

The sentiment was produced on my lap top before printing the whole thing.
I've coloured the image with ProMarkers in pastel shades.  The grass believe it or not was also done with a ProMarker (I have a secret to share - don't ever through away your pens that have nearly run out. You can create beautiful effects like this with them :) - this was a Moss Green nearly dead one!)

All I've done with this is use some blue design paper from Lili of the Valley to frame it.  The stitching effect was hand drawn in pencil.  I've also used some blue self adhesive gems.

Ta Da
Right back to complicated stuff like layering and flowers ;)
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Digi Galore - Father's Day
Dream Valley - Father's Day
Digi Choosday - Father's Day/Male
Passion for ProMarkers - Masculine
Papertake Weekly - Something for the Boys
Creative Moments  - Father's Day
Crafty Catz - Clean and Simple



9 comments:

Janette said...

I love this Andrea, what a lovely FD card, that image is so gorgeous.xx

Unknown said...

This is fab Andrea and super cute!
Oh I love how you did the grass! It looks brill!
Lucy x

The Crafty Den said...

Beautiful card Andrea. I love the sweet image and your soft colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week for our masculine challenge. Hugs, Denise x

Lisa Mensing said...

Love the simplicity of this. Gorgeous coloring on the image. Thanks for sharing at Dream Valley.
Lisa ~ DT
The Crafting Cave

coops said...

Simply stunning Andrea.I really love this image and your soft colouring is beautiful.
Thanks for joining in my masculine challenge this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Eileen said...

What a beautiful image and coloured perfectly. Love the soft shades you have used. Thanks for the tip, must try that. Thanks for joining in with the 'Masculine' challenge at PFP this week, and good luck
Eileen x

Mrs Beez said...

Oh this is so cute and your colouring is just perfect. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Dee's Craft Room said...

Such a pretty and heartwarming card, fabulous colouring and lovely design. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Scrappy Scatty said...

fab card, lovely colouring
Thanks for entering the Digi Choosday Father’s Day/Male challenge
xx