Wednesday 25 February 2015

Rose tea

This kitten is sooooo.... cute in the tea cup.  This image is called Kitten in a tea cup from Aurora Wings.  I didn't want to overpower the image so I've kept the colours very subtle and soft in pinks, faded green and grey ProMarkers.  I've done a close up of the image so you can see the cuteness more closely :)


I've mounted it onto some black card stock and only used more of the same for backing the light and plain design paper from Lili of the Valley/Raspberry Road Designs - Timeless Victorian.

To compliment the blacks I've used some newly acquired black lace from The Ribbon Girl.  The roses all in pinks and the leaves are a mixture from The Ribbon Girl and Wild Orchid Crafts.  The final touch again in complimenting black are some self adhesive gems.

Hope you love my kitten card
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Aurora Wings Facebook Challenge - Everything's Coming up Roses
Digi Choosday - Springtime Pastels
In The Pink - Cute
Sweet Stampin - Spring Flowers
Passion for ProMarkers - Letters of the Alphabet (K is for Kitten)
Inky Chicks - Flowers
Deep Ocean - Our Furry Friends
Creative Inspirations - Luscious Lace
I Love ProMarkers - Animals



7 comments:

Ella's Design said...

Hi Andrea! Fabulous card, coloured perfectly! Can I ask what colour pinks you have used for the roses? I don't seem to have a nice soft combo in my pens and may need to invest in some more?! Hugs, Lisa x

AndreaNorris said...

Hi Lisa, it was done with Blosson and Fresh Bloom ProMarkers and a Blender pen x

Nat said...

Beautiful card, cute image and your colouring is fab. Thank you for joining in my Alphabet challenge at PFP
Natx

Crafting Vicky said...

sooo cute! Fabulous use of the black with the pink really makes it pop.

Thanks for joining us in our Spring time pastels challenge at Digi Choosday Crafting Vicky (DT)

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, thank you for playing with Sweet Stampin', I hope you can join our All or Nothing challenge too.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Kat W said...

Aw, this image is adorable and your colouring is fab. The soft pastel shades are really pretty and I love the contrast of the black border and lace against them :-)

Thanks for sharing with us at In The Pink Challenge!

Hugs, Kat x

NGCARDS said...

This is such a sweet creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx