Friday 9 January 2015

Glitter n roses


I love these beautiful images from Aurora Wings - the one I've used for this card is Gardenia.  This was a new digital image I treated myself to for Christmas :)  I chose to colour her in strong reds with dark blond hair, to do this I used Pro-Markers.  Here's a close up image below.




Instead of doing the pearls matt I wanted to make them shine like jewels so I painted on some glue then sprinkled with DecoArt glitter.

I've kept the card fairly simple with papers and only used red, black and white card stock.  the Spellbinders dies are cut our of the same red card stock.  There's some glitter sprinkled onto the lower half of the card as though the glitter is cascading like fairy dust off the jewels.

The flowers and leaves I've used are from Wild Orchid Crafts and The Ribbon Girl.  Here's a close up on one of the flower sections from the card.  I've added some glitter to the flowers with a DecoArt writer.


The final embellishment are some black self adhesive gems.

I love the impact the red in this card makes.
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Aurora Wings - All That Gitters
Graph It Colour Crazy Challenge - Shiny & New
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Glitter n Sparkle - Anything Goes




8 comments:

Chana Malkah said...

Fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Unknown said...

Really lovely card.

That image is beautiful and you have coloured it so well.

Great flowers too.

Thanks for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle.

Tracey DTxx

Sheila H said...

The bling and the die cuts add dramatic flair to your card. The hair is stunning. We're happy you stopped by our place at 613 Avenue Create.

Unknown said...

Lovely creation! Thanks for playing at Glitter and Sparkle! Hope to see you next time! Good luck!

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

Your coloring on this image is BEAUTIFUL, Andrea! Love the rich reds against the clean white. Just stunning! Thank you for joining "All That Glitters" at Aurora Wings.

Mitzi xx
Artist/Owner Aurora Wings

Eve's Been Reading said...

Absoultely stunning. I have coloured this image myself before and it is jsut lovely. You have made a stunning card - beautiful!

Thanks very much for joining in the theme of 'Shiny & New' at Graph'It Marker Challenge Blog!
www.graphitmarkers.blogspot.co.uk

Yvonne (DT)

DonnaMundinger said...

This is just stunning, Andrea! What amazing coloring and design! Thanks so much for joining our All That Glitters Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Andrew, beautiful colouring! Thanks so much for joining our 'Shiny and New' challenge at http://graphitmarkers.blogspot.co.uk/
Claire xx