Wednesday 14 January 2015

Art Deco Experiment


So here I go again experimenting.  I coloured this Stamping Bella image Audrey Loves Her Makeup a while ago with ProMarkers and only decided tonight to make her into a card.  I decided to do a modern take on Art Deco to see what I could come up with - and this is the result!

I've used papers from Prima Marketing - Engravers Collection and Almanac Collection.  I cut the papers in an Art Deco style and mounted them onto the card.  I then mounted the image on black card stock and mounted this over the top.

The self adhesive gems are from Docrafts Papermania - Art Deco Roaring Twenties.  I've also used some small black round self adhesive gems from Hobby Craft.

The final touch is a sentiment from a Lili the Valley art pad coloured with red ProMarker.

Ok what to do next.......
Andrea x

 I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Fantasy Stampers - Birthday
Sweet Stampin - Girly But NO Pink
Creative Knockouts - Girly Girl


5 comments:

My name is Cindy said...

I like the art deco look! And you have reminded me I have this stamp - oops! Thank you for joining us at Fantasy Stampers. Cindy (DT)

Cass said...

Love the look.Fab card.Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

JayBe said...

Absolutely gorgeous - I love the art deco feel, Andrea. Thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx
http://jaybescraftybitz.blogspot.co.uk

Rachel said...

Gorgeous card, so stylish! Love that image!
Thank you for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

mixamatoasties said...

Gorgeous. Can't go wrong with an Uptown Girl and your layout is fab.

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

Susan