Sunday 23 November 2014

A little bit vintage

Occasionally I try my hand at something vintage and hopefully I'm improving, so any feedback is appreciated.

How I've done it......
Firstly I picked a sketch from Lili of the Valley to work with.  I then played around with papers for a bit to see what I thought would go together.  I wanted to do it in brown shades for current challenges and ended up using papers from Pressed in Time and On a High Note.  Once I got the layers on the card I set about distressing the papers.

I stamped the quote from Set 62 - Quotables - Friendship toward the middle top of the top layer.

The flowers, leaves and pearl flourishes are all from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I tried to focus them mainly to the bottom and left of the quote.  The pearlised pin, brass fan and resin bird are all from The Ribbon Girl.   I've also added some self adhesive pearlised gems to the top left and a few brass butterflies to go with the brown patterned butterfly paper. The final touch is some scattered gold glitter on the top half of the card.

I'm going to enter this card into following challenges 
Creative Inspirations - Take Your Pick - Brown and White or Vintage Style
Deep Ocean - Shabby Chic
GraphIt - Monochrome
Totally Gorjuss - Sparkly/Blingy/Glittery
Addicted to Stamps - Lots of Layers

Let me know what you think, any feedback appreciated
Thanks Andrea x


7 comments:

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card, love all embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

NGCARDS said...

A fantastic creation hun! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations this week! xxx

AndreaNorris said...

Thanks Agnieszka :) x

AndreaNorris said...

Thanks Natalie hopefully I'm getting better :) x

AndreaNorris said...

Thanks for the feedback Susan I keep trying different things :) x

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

What a beautiful card Andrea. What a beautiful sentiment and I love the layers. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps Challenge.
Greetings Miranda

AndreaNorris said...

Thanks Miranda, glad you like it x