Thursday 4 September 2014

Make a wish......

I thought I'd experiment with one of Lili of the Valley's word stamps rather than image stamps for a first card in their latest challenge "Pretty Papers".  I was hoping at the end for a vintage looking card.

I've used papers from three different paper stacks that can be bought in their shop
Lili of the Valley & Raspberry Road Designs Antebellum, Beach Bliss and Pressed in Times.  The paper sections are backed with a brown paper.  I've stamped the image in burgundy ink using a sentiment from the Grunge and Vintage Set 43 - Statements - Fabulous.  The stamped sentiment was hand cut with scissors rather than being cut with my BigShot.

I've added five different types of paper roses, leaves from Wild Orchid Crafts and some vintage cream lace purchased from Hobby Craft.

The butterflies are 3-d toppers from Hobby Craft from part of a flower set.

Finally I've finished the card off with some self adhesive gems.


The end results was better than I hoped for, although it did take a while for me to get my head round a design - not my normal card at all and no planning in the car this time :)

Happy crafting all

Andrea x



2 comments:

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

A beautiful vintage card - so soft and pretty!
Rebecca.

AndreaNorris said...

Thanks Rebecca x