Monday 1 September 2014

"Elegant" Birthday

Our friend Sara is having a party for her 40th birthday - the theme being Elegant.
I wanted to try and make her a birthday card that would be in keeping with this theme.

The stamp I used was Uptown Girl Audrey Loves Makeup from Stamping Bella.  The image was coloured using Pro-Lite Markers.

Papers are from Docrafts Papermania Capsule Collection - Midnight Blush and Tim Holtz Idea-ology.  I've also used some plain red and black card.
The ribbons are from Lili of the Valley Little Bags of Ribbons - Red and I also some black satin ribbon from Hobby Craft
I made the birthday sentiment from some Hobby Craft Alphabet Stickers and the 40 from some Glitter Alphabet Stickers.  I finished off with some self adhesive gems.
To help me create this card I used sketch 65 from Papertake Weekly.
   

I've entered this card into
Papertake Weeklys Challenge - Sketchie Free For All
Divas By Design Challenge - Happy Birthday

Andrea x


3 comments:

Jac’s Playground said...

Beautiful and elegant card, love the alphabet stickers, thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac x

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Such a fabulous card! I love this image and your striking colour scheme.
Rebecca.

AndreaNorris said...

Thanks Rebecca. We don't know what Sara thought of it yet. She was so busy at her party we hardly got chance to talk to her :) x